What are the benefits of ISO9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is a business management system and a process-orientated quality management system standard.
What does it do?
- Ensures that a customer’s order is received, processed and despatched to the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensures traceability throughout the process
- Ensures conformance to appropriate manufacturing standards
- Ensures a customer focus
What does it require?
- Customer input at all stages of the process, including design
- A customer complaints system
- Total management involvement
- Active staff participation in key processes – 360 degree communication
- Systematic management
How does it differ from previous ISO 9001 Standards?
- It is a business management system as opposed to a quality management system
- It has expanded to include company leadership, policy, planning, and company risk assessment, support and evaluation
- It is competency based, not procedures based
- It is less bureaucratic and very flexible
- It promotes Continuous Improvement, rather than a reason not to do something
- It takes a more realistic and holistic approach
What are the main benefits?
- Increases efficiency
- Increases effectiveness
- Reduces costs
- Encourages the company to use professional management systems within their business
- Promotes development
- Moves the company towards world class quality standards
- It is an internationally recognised standard
Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth, PO2 8FA
ISO9001-Consultant is a Trading Name of GIBBONS ROSCOE LIMITED